John Keats’ “When I have Fears that I may Cease to Be”


“Here lies one whose name was writ in water”

In John Keats’ poem “When I have Fears that I may Cease to Be” are presented all the fears that he had about dead and all the things that are implied in the process of passing out to the alter life.
I personally believe that he, as an artist his biggest fear was to be forgotten, because that’s why an artist presents his creations, because hi wants to live forever, not as an immortal being, but at least, in his personal work.

This is a fear that also I have, but the difference here is that I am studying a career where I have the opportunity to pass my knowledge and myself to other by education instead a poem or a song. And there is nothing wrong in that, is a human need to trespass ourselves to time and beat dead.

1 comentario:

Clau dijo...

First of all, remember that the deadline for this post was yesterday, only for today I'm going to write a comment, next time no, you are in fourth year keep that in mind.

Your points are okay, what do you think about these lines:
"When I behold, upon the night's starr'd face,
Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance..."


Take care,

Claudia Carreras