"September 1, 1939" by W.H Auden

[I just read Claudia's blog and I just realize that we had another blog entry for this week,
I thought that i was our assistant's task the only blog entry for the week]

"September 1, 1939" is the reflection of all W.H Auden's felling that are related to the first day of war.
I just know wars because I see them in movies a I had read about them in books, but I cannot imagine myself
situation like that in which my life is in danger and my country is under attack. I am not a violent person,
even though I play a lot of violent videogames and I enjoy watching gore films. Reaing the narration of someone's inner experience of war is a angle that I had never seen.

The poem presents several historical characters that are important for recent human history, as Martin Luther that was the creator of the national German Church (AKA protestans). Knowing about him is imperative in order to understand the poem, because it connects all European history to explain the war and also to explain how terrible it was.

Life is a circle, all the events in human history happen over and over again, we have empires that fall, sickness that destroy part of human population and countries makes wars once in a while. This is a timeless poem that I expect to teach it in my English class, as a piece of history that do not must be repeate.

No hay comentarios: