D.H. Lawrence





One of the difficult things in life are human relationships, how to interact with others and how to behave in certain situation. D. H Lawrence knew this very well and he, in his writing, reflex the dichotomy of the role that society give to us between the things that we feel and we want.

“The rocking horse winner” and “Odour of Chrysanthemums” presents how people must face a difficult situation and they are not preparing for that, especially because the characters in their stories are related to mining industry.

Because of my personal experience I can understand very well to Lawrence, because being part as the first-born son of a family where a miner is the head of the family it is very difficult, especially because of the role that I should take as a Son/man of the house/student. Just as D.H. Lawrence.

To conclude I can say that these stories, especially “Odour of Chrysanthemums” are the perfect example of something that is very common between families related to mining, a labor that is the keystone of our national economy. Therefore I personally believe that should be compulsory for student to read it (in Spanish of English) I am definitively that can be very meaningful for young men as me.

No hay comentarios: